New Student Council Officers Elected

Evan B. Mintz, Editor-in-Chief

The new slate of officers has been voted in for Ray’s student council.  For the 2018-2019 school year, Evan Mintz will serve as President and Kirby Gasiorowski and Sydney Ramos were elected Co-Vice Presidents.  Filling out the remainder of the board are Benito Cantu as Treasurer, Catherine Kim as Parliamentarian, Kelsey Gasiorowski as Historian, and Marina Stevens as Secretary.  Chairpersons include Maya Nguyen, Marc Armena, Courtney Rabara, and Lina Ortiz.  The Student Council Board is elected by Student Council members.

Student Council hosts both the Homecoming and Favorites dances each year.  The money raised from those dances is used on community and school projects throughout the year.  Student Council members donate their time as volunteers for many service activities throughout the year, both at Ray and within the wider community.  In addition, the Student Council provides food and gifts to teachers and staff members on various “appreciation days.”  The “Take What You Need” wall is another example of Student Council outreach.

Student Council meets every Wednesday at 4:30 PM in room 165.  Meetings are open to all interested students.  Student Council’s Teacher Sponsor is Mr. Mark Ramirez.