Scholarship Opportunity for Juniors Up Until March 18th

Morgan Kuchta, Advertising Manager

Attention all W.B. Ray juniors! CITGO Petroleum Corporation and Kiii-TV announced the introduction of the 2019 Distinguished Scholars Program. The program will assist students who plan to continue their education in a two or four-year university. Up to 40 scholarships in the amount of $1,000 can be awarded to select 2020 graduates from CCISD.

Scholarships will be awarded in the following categories: Beating the Odds, Career and Technical Education, Communications, Performing and Fine Arts, STEM, Service and Leadership, Spirit, and Student Athletics. Students will select one category to be considered for.

The eligibility information and requirements are as follows:

• Students must be classified as a junior at a high school located in the above listed ISD’s in the 2018-2019 school year.
  • Students should plan to enroll in a 2 or 4-year accredited university.
  • Students should have a high school grade point average of 2.50 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
  • Students must provide an official transcript with GPA & Rank, as well as a copy of PSAT/SAT or ACT scores if available (exam scores can be sent as a print out from a student’s CollegeBoard or ACT account.)
  • Students must attend an awards ceremony in spring of 2020.
  • Students must sign a photo release and be willing to participate in the filming of a student profile that may be shown publicly.
  • Students may not be dependent children of employees or retired employees of CITGO Petroleum Corporation or its subsidiaries.
  • Students must submit the application and all supporting information by March 18, 2019.

Good luck and happy applying!