Earth Day!

Earth+Day%21

Leela Bindingnavele, Editor-In-Chief

Falling on April 22 every year, Earth Day is an annual event that honors the planet and promotes environmental awareness. Since its inception in 1970, Earth Day has become a global phenomenon, with millions of people around the world taking action to protect our planet.

This year’s theme, “Restore Our Earth,” is a call to action to take steps to heal the planet and make it a better place for future generations. We all have a role to play in protecting the environment, and Earth Day is the perfect opportunity to start making a difference.

There are many ways to get involved in Earth Day, from cleaning up local parks and beaches to planting trees and reducing your carbon footprint. You can also join virtual events and webinars focused on environmental issues, or start a conversation with your friends and family about the importance of sustainability.

The Ray High School Botany Club especially is committed to keeping our planet clean. They are also committed to keeping our city safe on this wonderful planet, their current initiative being flood management through the cleaning of drains, informing the public about trash clogging drains (and causing flooding), and planting rain gardens. The Botany Club meets (mostly) on Thursdays after school in room 263. Their meetings tend to flow around the meetings of other clubs so as to not disturb other events happening at Ray High School, so, for more concise information about meetings, volunteer opportunities (at our school, parks, and external locations such as the Corpus Christi Botanical Gardens!), and helping our planet, join their Remind at @rhsplants.

Let’s all come together to celebrate Earth Day and take action to protect our planet. Together, we can make a difference and create a brighter, more sustainable future for all.