Ray Theater Auditions Coming Soon – Everyone Invited and Encouraged to Try Out

“Still Life with Iris” to run this fall

Photo source: Shutterstock.com

Morgan Kuchta, Staff Writer

The school year is starting up again, and many students view this as a fresh start. There’s a chance to start anew, so why not take a leap and try something different? Joining a new club seems to be a reasonable idea for most, and this is where the Ray Theatre Company falls into play.

The Ray Theatre Company has established itself as a place open to anyone and everyone. Inclusivity is key, and can only lead to success. “We are always welcoming to anyone who wants to try the world of theatre,” says Mr. Stroud, Ray’s very own theatre teacher.

The plan for the 2018-19 school year is full of ambitious aims, including the intent to organize and host multiple productions. One production, titled “Still Life with Iris,” is arranged to run this fall, and auditions will be held on Monday, October 1st!

“Still Life with Iris” is set in a fantasy world where memories reside in one’s coat. After the coat containing her past disappears, Iris sets herself on a journey to regain her recollections and find her home. Ideally, audition times will be announced over the intercom. Mr. Stroud cannot stress enough that anybody and everybody is encouraged to come and audition. If acting isn’t really for you, there are other options as well. Those working backstage are valued just as much as those in the spotlight. If working as a light or sound technician or earning community service as an usher is more your style, then this is your time to shine!

“Take it from me, joining theatre is such a great idea,” comments Adam Mondragon, a returning Theatre Company member. “There’s something for everyone, and I really think I’ve found a place to be myself. I’ve made so many good memories here.”

For more information, see Mr. Stroud and keep an ear out for the call for auditions.